Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 4 = The Wedding/ CDs


I had lots of time for prayer and reflection today, as I went to the wedding of a good friend of mine, which involved lots of driving up and down Northern Ireland (from Ballycastle to Ballyeaston to Ballycastle), so I had two lots of time with God - at the wedding ceremony and in the car listening to (and oftentimes, singing along with) a praise CD.

I find that I get lots of opportunity to talk with God when I'm driving, and I'm slowly turning my car into a prayer station with praise CDs, Christian symbols and a Bible in the car - for when I'm stuck in traffic jams! I'm finding increasingly that the car is becoming a station of prayer for me, and I have some of my best moments of prayer either driving or sitting in the car whilst waiting for people!

This particular occasion, I spent a lot of time just in the car, singing along with hymns and songs that have meant a lot to me over the years, and taking the chance to remember God's goodness and faithfulness over the past.

I often wonder if people in cars next to mine wonder if I'm mad, the way I belt out certain songs (as indeed I was doing today), but then I remember David talking about making a joyful noise unto the Lord, and I think I don't care what others see in me; what's really important is my relationship with God, which I will endeavour to increase and strengthen while God gives me breath. Though hopefully I wouldn't be so nutty as to put people off God! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment