Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 10 = Ghusl (?)


Doing it in the bath... So apparently a traditional prayer for Muslims is the purification of the body by taking a complete bath (ghusl). They say a lot of things, which I really don't want to go into detail over here, suffice it to say there's a lot more guidance and specification about how to live your life in Islam than there is in Christianity. Can we learn a thing or two from them, I wonder...

Right, so I'm off to take a bath! And whilst I'm there, I will meditate on Psalm 51:7, 2 Corinthians 7:1 and John 13:9. Btw, I like what my high Anglican church does in that it uses a scripture from the Old Testament, a scripture from the New Testament and a gospel reading at every service; makes it more complete somehow.

There's a lot different denominations and different styles of church can learn from each other, in order to help every part become fuller and more satisfied.

I think I shall really enjoy this form of prayer as it will be relaxed, life-giving and create a lot of cognitive space for reflection and thought wandering.



No comments:

Post a Comment