Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 17 = Thanksgiving through Wales


As it's St. David's Day today, and I haven't done any prayerful art yet this lent, I decided to use the time listening to praise and worship songs in Welsh, and putting a collage together of my favourite places in Wales. So I found a number of images of my favourite places and icons of my favourite things in Wales and put them together into an e-poster while thanking God for my joyful memories and the many Welsh things He has blessed me with.

The images represent Snowdon, Bangor pier (a place I spent many a happy time with some wonderful friends), a puffin on Skomer Island (my mum's favourite bird in one of her favourite places) and Marloes (which is special to our family). I also used images to represent Bangor Anglican Society film nights, Welsh cakes (the only dessert I like to cook), a Celtic cross, one of my favourite altar tables (at one of my favourite retreat centres - St. Beuno's), a Welsh dragon and my favourite Welsh castle - Castle Coch. (I also used Welsh colours and the flag of St. David as background).

I loved my prayer time today, feeling really creative and buoyant, so much so, that it must've been one of my longest prayer times this season, and I was almost late for the following Eucharist! I think prayerful art is something I need to create space to return to much more often!



No comments:

Post a Comment