Sunday 10 March 2013

Day 26 = Pilgrimage


As today is Mothering Sunday, I decided to follow in the footsteps of my ancestors and return to my mother church in the UK (Singapore was a little far - and expensive - for a one day trip), the place where I got married, the seat of my mum - the deacon - in Cheltenham, St. Mark.

I also used the opportunity to go on a pilgrimage of sorts by adopting a prayerful attitude all day, listening to lots of praise and worship CDs (and engaging with a few of the songs), getting involved in the church life of St. Mark (by joining the tea & coffee team), having religious conversations with people and meditating on my life recently and the upcoming months.

I found the experience refreshing, invigorating and strangely calming, and feel uplifted, challenged and renewed (we shall see how long that feeling lasts in the busy week to come)! Not something to do too many times (as I can't afford the petrol or the time for frequent day trips), but an enjoyable experience nonetheless, and certainly one to keep regular. Maybe next time I could try walking - perhaps not the whole way though...!



No comments:

Post a Comment