Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 2 = The Airport Prayer Lounge


I've spent a lot of time flying in my life, and have often noticed the prayer rooms that many Muslims tend to use before flying for their traditional travelling prayers. I've only ever gone into one once in my life (many years ago in the Middle East), so decided to visit one in the UK since I was flying anyway, for my 2nd day of prayer.

I spent the time quietly considering my upcoming journey to Northern Ireland and my journey of life. I also used some of the poems printed on the walls of the prayer room for reflection, and was occasionally silent in my soul with the Muslim men rocking and praying audibly right next to where I was sitting. 

I appreciated once again, the fact I didn't need to do anything to prepare, and was intrigued by the devotion of the Muslims visiting the room. Though I did find that I couldn't be as silent in my soul as I occasionally am due to the movement of others in the room (including my husband)!



No comments:

Post a Comment