Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 3 = The Sea


It being my birthday, and waking up a few metres from the Irish sea, I decided to take a have a quiet time, silently listening to God, hearing the crash of the waves and watching the gentle movement of the waters as they lapped onto Carrickfergus rock. 

This was a much more peaceful time as I had time to quiet my soul, listen to God - rather than telling him what I wanted or needed most from him at that moment of prayer as we all so easily do (those of us who pray anyway), and reflect on how his love and faithfulness is never ending, just like the waves of the sea.

Incidentally, if you want something to do for a holiday, head to the Northern Irish coast and do the Causeway Route - it's one of the most beautiful coastal stretches I've seen!



No comments:

Post a Comment