Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 16 = Praying over the world


Having had many conversations in the last few days with friends in many countries, I decided to use Lee's globe as a source of inspiration for prayer tonight, and let my thoughts and prayers wander as I spun the globe, connected by geographical proximity, a curiosity to find out more about countries I don't personally think about much, and following my line of thought regarding similar people groups and political concerns.

I found that I actually had a lot of food for thought, that I didn't need to open my 'Operation World' book or surf the news as I had many requests and thanks based on my experiences of living abroad, conversations with friends scattered all over the globe and a general knowledge of some of the things happening in different locations from previous reading and conversations.

Much of my prayer tonight were requests, concerns and silent lifting up of situations and places that I know are hurting and need God's peace and love, though I spent the last 5 minutes literally hugging the globe, and remembering that even in the darkest and most difficult times, God is still close, whatever we may feel, and that His love is truly never-failing.

And friends who I don't see so often, know that as I went to bed tonight, I was praying and thinking of you all.



No comments:

Post a Comment