Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 1 = Traditional Mass


Our sister church is a very traditional high church Anglocatholic one (which some of our Catholic friends) say is more Catholic than the ones they go to. (I wouldn't know; I stopped going to Catholic services when I broke up with my Catholic boyfriend years ago). So to kick it all off, we decided to go to the very traditional Ash Wednesday mass, which I used as a basis for my prayers that day.

An interesting service. I felt very subconscious going up to get an ashen cross marked on my forehead - certainly not something everyone chooses to do! But the whole service was very well done, and was rather reflective. Our curate is a fantastic priest, and makes everyone feel welcome and comfortable in the masses he delivers, as does our incumbant (the vicar). An easy choice in some ways as there was no setting up required for me to do. However, I felt less involved than using other methods of prayer later on in the week...



No comments:

Post a Comment