Wednesday 6 March 2013

Day 12 = Meditative Exhortation


Not sure whether this is really a form of prayer, or just something fun I did today, but it's what I used as a basis for my prayer time, so am going to write it up anyway.

So, some of you may know that I'm currently exploring my calling and what I might be doing in the future, of which a part is to read books advised by 'experts' I see on a weekly basis, spend a lot of time in different forms of prayer, and try out different aspects of a possible future career.

One of the books I was given is due to be returned this week, so I spent a large portion of today reading the advice it had to offer, and meditating on what various things stated meant to me. So my prayer time today was a kind of three-way conversation between me, God and the author of said book.

I learnt a bit more about the identity and content of the career I'm looking into, and discovered that I have examples of how I have already undertaken and achieved much of the assumed criteria that one who takes such a role has to have. It was quite fascinating all in all, and a tremendous encouragement for the things I've already done, as well as increasing still further the hope I have about maybe someday finding the boundaries of my calling.



No comments:

Post a Comment