Saturday 12 June 2010

Surprising twists in the tale

Recently, I returned to an old haunt of mine, somewhere I used to live and where I made several good friends. Whilst I was still living in this former abode, I found myself repeatedly called upon to help friends out by being there for them when they needed someone, giving as much advice and listening support as I possibly could, and just generally trying to live out the life of a daughter of God by reflecting the love and steadfastness of the Father, particularly to friends who had either lost their way somewhat or who were seeking the direction that they should follow after an imminent turning.

I thought little of it at the time, as I felt that I had received far more from the relationships than I had put in, and had truly appreciated each meeting of these minds. A little while ago, however, I returned to these far-flung shores, and was delighted and amazed to see how much change a little nugget or seed could produce. This was a poignant visit for me. I found that people could start their recovery from a broken heart and take a much larger role in their society following various stays. I was amazed to discover friends who I had been supporting and listening to, were now in the position of being able to give me advice that I had been seeking, and had taken on a more visually significant position in service than I had achieved. I found rest in the shift in power and society that I had helped to initiate.

To all my friends who made my recent stay in their lives so memorable, may you be encouraged and blessed. To all others, may you find surprising twists in your tales, and moments to treasure and change you.

No comments:

Post a Comment